Saturday, March 6, 2010

Getting your point across


Today I was challanged by my 29 year old son on how I look trying to get my point across. I think he fundementally agreed with me but took me to task on how I came across. I wonder how I would get my point out without sounding like I am right and you are wrong. But once I have studied a point well, coming to a conclusion that usually is a controversy in my own mind I want to share with people the conclusion or conviction I have discovered. I think in the future I should maybe just give the information to people and let them discover the conclusion for themselves based on their worldview. I am a Christian so I base everything in the aspect of, How would God want me to view this? Am I in line with what the Word of God says? The older I get the more conscious I become of what the Lord would want to think and do in every situation. Maybe because now that I am fifty something I see my mortality drawing closer and soon (30 years is short in God's time) I will be meeting my Maker. I want Him to say, Good and Faithful Servent to me when we meet. Dast I meet Him and be ashamed of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment